Thursday 25 November 2010

Cardmaker of the year 2010 entries - Pink Petticoat









This is my entry in the Pink Petticoat which I came 1st with. I made it using a free life's lemons download which you can find here

I made this in a zig zag design card just for a change. The main thing I used extra was some yellow gingham papers just to break it up a bit. I love the little lemonade logo which I found in google images. I applied several layers of clear embossing powder, distress ink and cracked it by bending it. I then added 4 small silver brads so it looked like a vintage enamel sign (or at least that was the idea) I added several layer of glossy accents to the pips of the lemons which really made them pop! I had to make a box as it wouldn't fit in an envelope and I used the off-cuts from the card to decorate the lid.


My 2nd entry for pink petticoat was made using the Lola Bubbly set which can be found here

I used papers from a funky fairy kit (which are sadly no more) I think the papers were softly shabby and nanna's wallpaper. I cut the papers up and attched them to the card in strips so it looked like wallpaper. I made fake doors and then cut out an extra pair of doors so it looked like panelling. I used some distress ink so it looked a bit vintage chic, added a few sequins and stickles glitter glue.

Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

No comments:

Post a Comment