Thursday 25 November 2010

Cardmaker of the year 2010 entries - Woodware




This is my entry for the woodware category. I bought some screw headed brads so though I would either make a tool box or a spaceship themed card but decided to settle on the tool box.
I had no template so I just kinda threw a few bits together and kinda hoped for the best. I found some wood effect printable paper which I printed onto both side of study white card and I used my score board and bone folder to emboss the lines in the wood. I glued it together as I thought it might fall to bits if I used DST. The screw brads were just for show. The tools were ones I found on a free kids printable colouring in webite which I just printed onto sturdy white card and coloured in. The tape measure I made from some twill and just stuck a bit of silver card on the end. I did make a small blue mini notebook that went with it that had a fake coffee cup stain on it so the greeting could be wrote inside that but I only made that just before I posted it off so there's no picture of that I'm afraid! It was a faff to make although the worst bit was making the box to put it in which is just soooo boring to make Lol!

Thanks for looking!!!

Paula.x

No comments:

Post a Comment