Thursday 17 February 2011

Card kit swop - Part II


Hiya Everyone,

You may remember a few days ago when I mentioned my card kit swop with Elaine from her Craft my life blog. Well, this is the card I made and sent to her with the same bits and bobs I used to make my card. I can show it now that she has made up her card as the whole point is you're not supposed to see the other card till after you've made yours from the kit.

I used (and sent to Elaine)

6x6 white scalloped card and envelope
1 A4 sheet of purple card
1 A4 sheet of lilac/white check paper
6x6 piece of white card
4 images of newton bear that were coloured with promarkers (I decoupaged mine)
Small piece of purple grossgrain ribbon
6 pieces of purple card candy
"Chocolate" sentiment


I scored and folded my card blank as I wanted to make an easel card. I then mounted the lilac check paper onto the white card and then added the purple ribbon round the centre before mounting it onto the purple card. I cut out all my newton bear bits and layered him up which I stuck onto the middle of my square. I added this to the top part of my easel card. I then cut out another square of lilac check paper which I stuck to the bottom of my easel card. I mounted my chocolate sentiment onto the bottom centre of the card. As a finishing touch I added some purple stickles glitter glue to the chocolate wrappers, some glossy accents to the chocolatey bits on newtons hands and face and 3 bits of card candy to the top and bottom of the card.

Below is the card that Elaine has made with my kit:-


For full details of her card visit her blog here.

I will enter my card into the following challenges:-

Stamping vacation - Monochromatic purples
Totally papercrafts - Clean and simple
Fussy and fancy - Use something edible (chocolate)
Challenge up your life - Monochrome
CES challenge - Cute and cuddly
Little claires - Anything goes
Creative inspirations - Keep it sweet and simple
Cupcake inspirations - Photo
Karens Doodles - Animal friends
Lexis creations - Bears
Creative card crew - Friendship


Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

14 comments:

  1. Two very sweet cards, quite adorable and very creative! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, thanks for playing along with us on TPC and Karen's Doodles
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sweet! :) Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's very cute and cuddly, fab card. Thanks for joining us in this weeks CES Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful easel card.
    Love the 3D effect.
    Thank you so much for joining the fun this week at Karens Doodles challenge blog.
    Good luck.
    Dorte aka dot-scrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh oh somebody is going to have a tummy ache.. What an adorable easel card :)Thanks for playing along with us at Karen's Doodles this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the swap any your card for me! Thank you :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card and the other one too and what a great idea - it's interesting to see what people do with the same ingredients!

    Thanks for joining us at the first Little Claire challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh Newton looks like he is enjoying those cookies lol.. fabby card hunni.. Thanks for playing with us at CES xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card! Such a fun image! Thank you for playing along with CIC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute and lovely card :) I like the colours you've used!
    Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete