Monday 14 February 2011

Card kit swop - Part I


Hiya everyone,

I have recently taken part in a card kit swop with a lovely lady called Elaine from the Craft my life blog. What this consists of is us both making a card, sealing it in an envelope and sending it to the other person with bits and bobs used to make the made up card. We then make a card with the bits and bobs that we have been sent and when done, we compare that to the other card which can now be opened.

It is fascinating as we all have different ideas and techniques etc that we all like to use so they can be very alike, or very different!

Above are the bits and pieces I was sent by elaine:-

6x6 white card blank and envelope
Approx 6x6 piece black patterened paper with hearts on
Approx 6x6 piece of lilac textured card
Dog image stamped onto white card
Small square of acetate
lilac textured card fancy frame
Small lilac textured fancy square
Thin white glittered paper strip
6 small pink adhesive stones
2 small white textured card punched hearts
Several irridescent stars and a butterfly
1 3D butterfly sticker
Small "On your special day" crystal sticker


I decided to make a shaker card as soon as I saw the frame and the piece of acetate although I've never made one before but I've seen how they are made. I did have to pick it open as all my stars were stuck in a corner till I fixed it Lol! I cut my paper and mounted it onto my lilac card after I had edged all my edges with brushed corduroy distress ink. I stuck the thin strip of glitter paper across the middle and then stuck the thin strip of lilac card I had left about an inch under that. I coloured my image with promarkers and made up my shaker box with foam pads taking care not to leave any sticky edges free for the stars to get stuck on. I attached the shaker box to the front of my card and stuck the 3D butterfly to the corner. I stuck the small lilac square to the lower right corner and stuck the crystal sentiment sticker in the middle. I attached the two hearts to the upper right corner and attached 2 pink diamantes to the centres. I finished off by adding 4 diamantes to the corners of the small square and added the last one to the head of the butterfly. I also added a little crystal stickles glitterglue to the wings of the butterfly.

Below is the card I received from Elaine which is very similar indeed. To see Elaine's blog click here.


When Elaine has received and made up the card I sent to her with my kit I shall post that on here too!

I will enter it into the following challenges:-

Tip top tuesday - frame it
Papertake weekly - Have a heart
Fun with shapes and more - Love/heart
Papercutz - Labybird, bees or butterflies
2 sisters - Hearts
Crazy 4 challenges - Hearts
CES - Cute and cuddly
Paperworks Co - Hearts (add later)
Crafty cardmakers - Hearts
Cupcake craft - Hearts
Creative craft world - Use a square

Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

8 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous sweetie :o)
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What fun thing to do - card swap! ;) Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! It must be lots of fun to do a swap like this! :D
    I really like the cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FAB idea......would love to do something like that! Great cards, thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing Elaine's now! Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea hun, might have to try this, love the way they are different but the same

    hugs
    Judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see what you did with my kit, ours are similar-I thought by making a shaker card that would happen but they are so much fun! :-) I will post this on my blog now and part two when mine arrives-cant wait! :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. Love the shaker element and that's such a cute image. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really beautiful creation…thanks for joining in the fun with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete