Friday 25 February 2011

House mouse summery card


Hiya everyone,

I made this card although I'm not 100% happy with it. I've been so busy this week with other stuff I didn't really have too much time to spend on it. I like the way the image turned out but I'm not quite sure what bothers me about it Lol! I was trying not to be too fussy and I think it now looks too plain so I can't win! I coloured my image with my promarkers and have added very fine sand to the beach, glossy accents to the glass and crackle accents to the ice cube. It doesn't photograph too well though as it just looks too shiny.


Ah well, I made it to enter into the House Mouse and friends monday challenge which I will do anyway. The theme this time is to use your favourite stamp. This strictly isn't my favourite as I think my favourites are some of the christmassy ones but it was my favourite non-christmas one that I had. I will also enter this into any other challenges that I can find to fit the criteria.


House mouse and friends monday challenge - Favourite stamp
One stop craft - Birthday card
Gingerloft - Furry friends
I did it - Anything goes
Little red wagon - Animals
Hanna and friends - Purple and one other colour
Do you stack up? - Anything goes
Pals paper arts - CAS nad scallops
Stamping b's - Use a flower
Pixie dust studio - Summer colours and/or beach elements
Paper romance - Anything goes
Card makin mama's - Birthday
Crafts for eternity - Make an easel card
Crafty ann's - Birthday
Fuzzy wuzzy - Animal and birthday
Guylou's inimitability - Anything goes
Simply create - Bold and bright
Stamp something - Use flowers
Stampin with the dragon - Birthdays

Thanks for looking!!!

Paula.x

29 comments:

  1. What a cute card, gorgeous, lovely image.
    Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I love the glossy accents on the glass and I thin the sand looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no 100%? well i think it is lovely! And when i seen this i can't wait for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shimmer and sparkle! Great card. I have always liked HM stamps. Thanks for sharing at Paper Romance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at IDIC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sparkle and such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a really cute card and love those furry little House Mice! They are irresitable :)
    Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
    Huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Sweet soft colors for a sweet image :)

    Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Paula, I don't usually like to disagree with the lovely people who join in with our challenge but I'm going to have to make an exception here I'm afraid. I ADORE this card! The colours are stunning and the way you've done the image is just fabulous - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute Paula,house mouse is soooooo adorable
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, I love all the textures you've achieved, really stunning! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paula,relax lol,it's a really pretty card.I love the iccle mouse and the colours are gorgeous.Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww wish I was there on that beach sigh...lovely colour combo & that sparkle just like the sun on the sea...LOVE it not plain at all & the ice cube looks real...thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends Monday chall ..

    smiles Christine HM DT & girlies xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beyond cute card. I love the mouse. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its just gorgeous, love the soft colours. Thanks for playing along at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Paula
    aww gorgeous card, beautiful colouring, luv all the sparkle, thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bet this is fun to see in real life with all the glossy accents! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. CUTE HM CARD!!! Fab colors and AWESOME SPARKLE!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge!! Hope to see you again soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this card ,,, and see you're from Blackpool so it is a perfect image for you to use ,,, this is how you must spend your summer days !! :-) The glass and ice cube look fantastic ,, I can almost taste the strawberry daquery !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday and Stamp Something Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. He's darling - love allthe texture you have added

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  21. Paula this is gorgeous and I think you are right to leave the card quite simple, the image is the star isn't it:).
    Thank you for joining the House Mouse favourite stamp challenge!
    Hugs
    Anne
    Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  22. Paula, I'm loving your beach scene. Longing for some summer warmth here. The sparkle is great too. Your coloring is beautiful and that glossy ice cube looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and the Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge this month.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think it turned out cute! There's not one thing about a house mouse that isn't fabulous, and I love all of the textures you added. Thanks for playing along with us at Guylou's Inimitability!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Paula! Super fun and sweet anything goes card! Thanks for sharing it with us at DYSU! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  26. lovely, great colors ! Thanks for joining the Pixies this week ! Joyce xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, what a nice summery card you have made. I love the glossy and shimmering effect!
    Thanks for joining us at The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge.
    Hugs Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  28. You should be 100% happy with your card - it is absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aaaah, is it summer yet?? Love this card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Birthday Challenge! Good Luck!
    Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete