Monday 1 August 2011

August Crafters Companion blog challenge card


Hiya everyone,

I have spent all weekend decorating and faffing at the old house although we have now ordered carpets so we have almost finished at long last. As I write this Tayla is asleep on the sofa with the hubby as when we put her to bed in her cot we found her stood up in it!!! We had no tools to lower it as they were all at the old house so she'll have to sleep with us tonight till we can sort it tomorrow. The little monkey will be walking before we know it - she will be exactly 8 months old today!!!

Anyhoo, I have my August Crafters Companion monthly blog challenge card to share with you. The theme for this month is glitter and glitz so I decided to use a summer poppy flower fairy from the fairyopolis CD rom which you can get from here. I actually made the card about 2 months ago just before I moved house as I wasn't sure if my craft room would be in any fit state although I'm pleased to say is starting to look pretty good. The fabulous decoupaged image and papers are both printed from the CD rom and I added some glamour dust to the wings. There will be a £30 gift voucher to spend on the site to one lucky winner which could be you!!!


I decided not to add too much sparkle to the rest of the card so the image was the main focal point of the card. It actually looks a lot better in real life but hey-ho. The extra flower is from a Joanna Sheen "rose" pressed flowers stamp set that I stamped directly onto the same paper. I decoupaged this too and added some black flock to the centre so it looked more like a poppy. I didn't know what I wanted the card for so I didn't bother putting a sentiment on it as I thought it might be nice to just have a card in for an emergency although I can add one later if I feel like it!

Be sure to check back later as I will shortly be drawing my July blog candy and posting new exciting candy for August which will be extra special as it's my birthday on the 27th August so I thought It would be nice to do a super duper candy to celebrate!!!


Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

12 comments:

  1. Paula, this is absolutely gorgeous. Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula this is just beautiful!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Paula, this is so pretty. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula, Wow gorgeous as always your talent gets better all the time! love this image and the sparkle just finishes of the image, lovely colour and the Joanna Sheen rose is stunning:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Beautifully done!!! ;)
    ~Mis*~

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card Paula, love the beautiful image.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's stunning!!! Such a gorgeous card. :) X X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Paula, love it. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colours, and I love the sparkle on her wings :)

    ReplyDelete