Sunday 24 June 2012

Summer Daze - Joanna Sheen Challenge

Hiya everyone,

I am now on my holidays in Windermere as me and my family have rented a cottage for a week.  The weather has been dreadful so far but that hasn't dampened our spirits.  It's mainly a break to chill out and not do very much.  The cottage we have rented is set out over 3 floors and is like a TARDIS.  There are 2 bedrooms, 3 sitting areas and 3 bathrooms as well as free wi-fi, sky movies and sky sports.  I was a little worried about how good the internet was going to be but it's just as good as it is at home which is great.

Anyhoo, back to the new challenge starting over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog which is

Summer Daze

I have used my Joanna Sheen "sunflower" House Mouse stamp set which I have coloured in with my promarkers and flexmarkers.  I was quite pleased with my colouring considering it was my very first attempt at this image.
The papers are from an old daisy K&Co paperstack which I've had for ages.  I fancied using these papermania mini scrabble tiles so I decided on my sentiment as I only had a few letters left! Lol  The sunflower is made up of 2 yellow flowers and a brown button tied up with a bit of raffia. 

There is a random prize of £15 for the winner of the challenge as well as a coveted Guest Designer position up for grabs as well as our Top 3!

I can't wait to see all your summery creations and hope that you can join me and the rest of the DT!


Thanks for looking!




9 comments:

  1. stunning card, gorgeous image and love the colours and layout too.
    Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and that the weather improves for you
    Hugs sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Sorry about the weather but it's good to know you're away and relaxing with everyone.. smiles.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card love the cute image and colours, big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Paula - really hope you have a lovely relaxing holiday and that the weather settles down a bit for you! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just so beautiful Paula, I love sunflowers. Hope you enjoy the rest of your jollies. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous hun, I love the beautiful image and the layout and colours are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Paula! The image is adorable and I really like the layout and embellishments you've used.

    Crafty Hugs :) X X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula your cards stunning xox looking forward to having a play tomorrow. Hope your keeping well have a great holiday.
    Hugs SHaron x

    ReplyDelete